If you arrive to Prague at Václav Havel Airport and require a train or bus service to Hradec Králové, you will need to get into the city centre first. There are regular public bus services, private mini-bus services or you can use a taxi. The last two options might be considerably more expensive than the reliable public service operating in short intervals.
Once in the city centre, you can use bus services from the main bus station Florenc or the one at Černý Most, or train service from the main railway station Hlavní nádraží.
There are regular bus as well as train connections between Prague and Hradec Králové. The bus service is perhaps more convenient way of getting to Hradec Králové as the journey takes about two hours and requires no changes on the way. Some trains are direct, some require a change in Pardubice.
Buses to the venue (a 10-minute ride from the bus/train station):
- no. 1 or no. 8 from bus stop “Hlavní nádraží” to “Heyrovského” (the university is just across the street)
- no. 2 or no. 16 from “Hlavní nádraží” to “Zimní stadion” (the university is 5 minutes away, go straight ahead, over the bridge)
To look up the precise times of departure, go to Public Transport Company of Hradec Králové at www.dpmhk.cz
Single basic fare costs
- 20 CZK (paper ticket when bought at a newsagent´s),
- 25 CZK (paper ticket when bought in the bus from the driver, in that case make sure you have the exact amount),
- 25 CZK (SMS ticket, valid for 45 minutes, you need to send a text message in the form of “HK” to 90230; within 2 minutes you should receive the SMS ticket; be careful and do NOT get on the bus without receiving it).
In the city there are two main taxi ranks. One is located at Rieger’s Square near the railway station and the second one is in the centre next to the Grand Hotel.
- Taxi Express
- Taxi Sprint
- Taxi Opel – Miroslav Štěpán
Building A, Hradecká 1227, Hradec Králové.